The unique, once-in-a-lifetime process of creating your couture gown will leave you feeling pampered as skilled hands do highly specialized work to bring your custom design to life.
The term “Haute Couture” is French for “high needle work.” The legally protected designation can only officially be used by a select few companies that meet strict standards set by the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture. The more common term “Couture” is used to describe designers who create custom couture garments that are made-to-measure.
Tracey’s style of couture refers to garments consisting of high-quality fabrics created for one wearer. Sewn with extreme attention to detail with hand-executed techniques, the look and fit of a custom couture gown take priority over cost of materials. A finished gown takes time, care and a passion for perfection. Tracey has been creating custom couture bridal gowns for more than 20 years. Her positive and friendly nature is exceeded only by her seamless professionalism. Her education and extensive experience include:
- Diplomas from the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design and George Brown College in Toronto, Ontario.
- Creating hundreds of couture gowns inspired by her clients and echoing the current styles of the industry.
- Showing designs in numerous Bridal industry promotion events and trade shows.
- Her couture gowns have been photographed for bridal magazines, blogs, and used in promotional and marketing materials.
- Participation in events with the Fashion Institute at Olds College to promote the skills of couture to students and industry professionals. Tracey has also given presentations to the fashion department at the college, and sits on the Industry Advisory Board.
- Member of advisory board for Ecole Holt Couture in Calgary to help promote the art of couture. Tracey also volunteers her time at EHC fashion events.
- Continuously learning and interested in expanding her couture skills, which she has done with millinery design. Tracey creates bespoke hair adornments featuring silk flowers individually created for fascinators and birdcage veils. Her detailed pieces are truly wearable art.
Tracey’s mission is a sincere pledge to her clients: To provide old-world workmanship and uncompromising service with a current approach to design. I want to create the finest, most beautiful gowns for my clients. I will work to the best of my ability, challenging my skill with each gown. I will enable the bride to be the star, telling the story of her once-in-a-lifetime wedding day.